Hello Friends! I'm excited to finally drop the green flag on SSP 2022! So, without further delay... rev up the excitement, 'cause here's the announcement that we have all been waiting for!...
Sandra Stillwell Presents:
FASHION FAST TRACK
August 25th - 28th, 2022
RSVP, Registration and Fee Details--
With this announcement, registration is immediately open to everyone -- however, through Sunday, June 12th, spaces will be filled according to the following designations:
1st option -- Those who confirmed in response to convention surveys, followed by AOF 2021 attendees through Friday, June 10th (To be sure you are counted, please reconfirm at this time)
2nd option - AOF 2021 Absentees who did not RSVP to initial convention surveys
3rd option -- wait list, followed by new requests.
Spaces are limited and will be filled according to date and time stamp -- we fill up fast, so it's important that you don't delay in emailing your RSVPs!
• To RSVP, please reply to this announcement with FAST TRACK RSVP in the subject line. State your confirmation to register and all your information -- including your best contact email address, phone number and mailing address. If you have a secondary email address and/or phone number, please include that, too. Please do this even if you confirmed your attendance in response to our convention survey.
• Registration fee for SSP's "Fashion Fast Track" is $595 for attendees who book within our room block by July 1st. After July 1st, a $50 additional fee applies. Flexible payments can be arranged by request -- please contact me.
• Registration fee for those not staying at the host hotel is $675
• After emailing your RSVP, a non-refundable deposit of $200 is due by Wednesday, June 22nd to hold your spot. If you have a problem making the deposit, it is important that you let me know before this deadline.
• Though not a necessity, it would be helpful if you can please email me with the subject line "Fashion Fast Track" deposit (or registration payment) sent" once payment has been mailed.
• A $35 fee will be added to payments other than cash/check/money order. Please contact me before selecting a different method for payment.
• Registration fees are non transferable.
• Please understand that no refunds can be made, but cancellations can be converted to absentee packages.
• At this time, companion registrations are available only to those who include requests with their initial RSVPs. After the public registration begins, additional companion requests may be accommodated as space permits. Please contact me for companion fees.
• We will not be responsible for proxy registrations of any kind. The attendee is the only name we recognize for the event and preordering fashions, and the attendee is responsible for all payments and any necessary shipping. Please note that any $$$ off coupons or gift certificates given at convention must be redeemed at convention -- they are not valid if sent to proxies.
Attendees "Fashion Fast Track" registration fee will include:
• Thursday evening opening reception
• Two breakfast presentations (We will get our breakfast in the breakfast area outside our ballroom and bring it into the ballroom for eating)
• One lunch
• Two dinners
• Table gifts
• Interesting programs and speakers
• Movie breaks, surprises, helper drawings, and lots of fashionable dolly fun!!
• And certainly not least...a fabulous Fashion Fast Track wardrobe, created especially for your 16" doll's Indy weekend of fun!
(We make every effort to have all souvenir fashions available at the convention, however there are times things are delayed due to shipping/customs/etc. In that event, items will be shipped to participants as soon as they are available)
There are lots of great film and fashion tie-ins to the Indianapolis area! I am super excited by the fashions we have planned to explore these iconic legacies with you!
A limited number of Absentee registrations are available. These will be filled on a first come basis, beginning with requests sent in response to our 2022 convention surveys, followed by new requests according to date and time. The absentee registration fee is $600 + $35 shipping/handling to US addresses. International shipping will be higher. Flexible payments can be arranged on request.
To reserve your absentee package, please reply to this announcement with ABSENTEE FAST TRACK RSVP in the subject line. State your confirmation and give contact and shipping information -- email address, phone number and mailing address. If you have a secondary email address and/or phone number, please include that, too. Please do this even if you RSVP'd as an absentee in response to our convention survey.
After your RSVP, a non refundable deposit of $200 paid by June 22, 2022 will hold your spot. If you cannot pay your deposit by that date, be sure to contact me. Please understand that no cancellations or refunds can be accepted. Absentee packages include all fashions given to attendees. While we will make every effort to include convention table gifts, these cannot be guaranteed. Absentee registrants also have the opportunity to sign up in advance for any tour souvenir at the same price as attendees, as well as 1st opportunity (after attendees) to purchase in stock fashions or place orders for the convention collection before opening sales to the general public.
Payments should made by check or money order, sent to:
Sandra Stillwell - Fashion Fast Track
173 N Main
New Haven, KY 40051
If you need to pay by any other method, please contact me.
Our host hotel is the Embassy Suites Indianapolis North, 3912 Vincennes Rd, Indianapolis, In 46268. This hotel offers complimentary parking. There is a Costco next door and a wide range of eateries within easy walking distance.
Our group rate is $129. This special rate includes breakfast, a manager's reception each evening with drink coupons and snacks, and complimentary wifi. Our group name is Sandra Stillwell Presents. Our reservation code is SSP. Hotel reservations may be made online through the following link, once it is operational. https://www.hilton.com/en/attend-my-event/in/dnhes-ssp-d11493b3-db24-4c43-8a13-b5e7b80b1e36
United States and Canada| phone+1 855-672-1138
International | phone+800 4445 8667
The cutoff date for reservations is August 1st -- however, I would recommend booking as early as possible, as our room block tends to fill up very quickly. If you have any problems making your reservation, notify me and I will do my best to help. Our initial room block is very limited, but we have the option to add rooms as needed, as long as they are available. So if you get an error message saying any nights are sold out when you are making reservations, please contact me immediately so I can add rooms. It is very important you do not book outside our block -- even if offered a different room from reservations or if suggested through the link, as we may not be able to adjust these reservations, and I cannot waive the additional fee (mentioned above) for doing so.
There are lots of interesting and fun things to do in the Indy area! In order for you to enjoy the fascinating history and all the area has to offer, our group rate has been extended 3 days before and after convention, based on availability. If you need additional nights other than these, please be sure to contact me!
All reservations must be guaranteed with a Credit Card. Cancellations or adjustments must be made prior to 72 hours before check in, to avoid a cancellation fee of 1 night's rate.
Airport and Transportation:
Distance of closest airports:
Indianapolis International airport (IND) -- 23 miles (30 minutes) away, via I 465 North.
Chicago O'Hare (ORD) -- 3 hrs, 42 minutes
Louisville (SDF) airport -- 2 hrs, 11 minutes
Cincinnati CVG airport -- 2 hrs, 10 minutes
There are taxis and Uber and Lyft transportation, as well as convenient car rentals at each.
Convention "Helper" Donations:
A little known fact about conventions is that registration fees never fully cover expenses so we’ll once again have "helper" drawings to assist in offsetting extra costs. Dolls, fashions, accessories, repaints, dolly "spa" days or gift certificates are only a few ideas for helpers! Donations of all types and sizes are welcomed and greatly appreciated -- including "people" prizes your fellow collectors will personally enjoy! We've had such phenomenal helper tables the past few years -- and SO much fun drawing for all the "loot" -- let's make it our goal to continue the tradition and have a repeat performance this year!
The rising expenses of the past two Covid affected years have been especially short, so funds raised through helper donations are especially vital to our budget! If you'd like to contribute to the fun -- and help convention at the same time -- please email me... My deepest thanks to everyone who can help!!
Table seating, table gifts and special meal needs:
If you have friends you would like to sit with, please submit your request as soon as possible, copying Sherlyn (SRlovell@swbell.net) and me (firstname.lastname@example.org), with "Fashion Fast Track table seating request" in the subject line. Though we make every effort to honor seating requests, please understand that we cannot always do so. Because uncertain details factor into table seating, our numbers can vary between 8-10 guests per table and are subject to change at any time. If you are doing table gifts, please plan for ten -- you can give any extras to friends who aren't seated with you or donate them to be used as door prizes!
We realize that table gifts are a long time tradition enjoyed by many -- but they can also be a burden for some. We do not want to interfere with any of your fun, so table gifts will be left to the discretion of each individual attendee and/or table -- but please give any such goodies in the fun spirit which they are intended and understand that not everyone will reciprocate.
Please let me know if you have any special food requirements and the hotel will do their best to accommodate them -- also, it's a good idea to follow up right before convention to be sure your special needs have been addressed.
There are many interesting things to see and do in Indy and surrounding areas, so we're still narrowing down possibilities! We are planning our traditional not to be missed Thursday tour and a possible tour on Sunday if there is enough interest. We are still looking into -- and hoping to do -- our Friday tour, but due to transportation and gas prices increasing so much, we may not be able to do it this year. If not, we'll have lots fun activities planned at the hotel -- including the BEST one imaginable...hanging out with friends!
I will be visiting tour options in the coming weeks... so, if there is anything in particular you'd like to see or do in the area, please email me the information. I will do my best to check all ideas out!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions...
As always -- I send my heartfelt THANKS to everyone for your continued support -- without you, there would be no SSP conventions or fashions!
I can hardly wait to celebrate fun and friendships with those of you who can join us in August...everyone who cannot be there will be terribly missed!!
502 377-5153 (It's often easier to reach me by phone!)